LELE
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.
Le Deal du moment :
Réassort du coffret Pokémon 151 ...
Voir le deal

Teacher
Teacher
Admin
https://lele.forumsrpg.com

Art & Society by Pawel Kuczyński Empty Art & Society by Pawel Kuczyński

Mer 17 Oct - 19:39
Discuss the following illustrations by Pawel Kuczyński.
Illustration 1:
Illustration 2:

1°) Express YOUR opinion & feelings about these illustrations.
2°) Which one do you prefer? Why?
NoémieB

Art & Society by Pawel Kuczyński Empty Re: Art & Society by Pawel Kuczyński

Dim 4 Nov - 20:10
First, I will talk about the first picture. We can see a men who is in a tree, like in a jacuzzy. Everything seem very good for him, he have a glass in a hand and a cigar. But there is a boy under the tree who don't have a lot of water. The picture is full of warm colors like yellow, red and orange. But the top of the tree is green.
This picture denounce the fact that rich people respose on weekness of poor people. They don't care about poor people as long as they have their comfort.

The second picture represent the hands of a slave who are enchained. There is a man in a hammock. It represent the same thing as the first picture : rich people  lie down the work of poor people and here on the work of slaves.

I prefer the first one because I think it's a subject more recent. Slavery are not allowed in our culture so it's not a cruently subject althought it's very important too.

These pictures are very sad because they represent how much money can take off humanity
Teacher
Teacher
Admin
https://lele.forumsrpg.com

Dim 4 Nov - 20:26
NoémieB a écrit:
I prefer the first one because I think it's a subject more recent. Slavery are not allowed in our culture so it's not a cruently subject althought it's very important too.

These pictures are very sad because they represent how much money can take off humanity

What you said is very interesting Noémie. However, I think I disagree with you when you say that slavery is not a current matter in today's world. Please watch the following video, it is very short and quite telling:

Always remember that it is not because we do not speak about slavery every day on the News that it does not exist. Unfortunately, it is still part of our world and I think it is the reason why Mr. Kuczyński decided to create those satirical illustrations. They can be a reminder that we should never take anything for granted and that we should never look away from a problem that we think no longer exists...
ZakariaK

Mer 14 Nov - 23:28
On the first picture we can see a fat, rich looking and white man who's taking a bath on top of a tree, under the tree we can see a hungry little black boy who is trying to get some of the tree's water to drink.
This image criticize the fact that rich people overspend their money for nearly useless things without thinking that there can be a starving little boy in the other side.
In the second picture we can see a man smoking on a hammock held by chains who are connected to two hands with handcuffs.
The author tries to criticize the fact that there are some people who work as hard as slaves to make comfort for careless and rich people without even gaining much money so they are just like "prisoners of work".

I prefer the second one because it criticize an almost forgotten fact that is still there but hidden so that people don't feel like inferior elements.
Contenu sponsorisé