LELE
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.
-21%
Le deal à ne pas rater :
LEGO® Icons 10329 Les Plantes Miniatures, Collection Botanique
39.59 € 49.99 €
Voir le deal

Teacher
Teacher
Admin
https://lele.forumsrpg.com

Art, words & Politics   Empty Art, words & Politics

Mer 17 Oct - 19:35
Discuss the following illustrations: (click on 'Illustration 1/2')

Illustration 1:

Illustration 2:

1°) Express YOUR opinion & feelings about these two illustrations.
2°) Which one do you prefer? Why?
MyriamT

Art, words & Politics   Empty Re: Art, words & Politics

Mer 7 Nov - 18:35
According to me, the first illustration tells us that politicians are liying when they explain what are their projects (we can undestand it thanks to the Pinocchio head whose nose is longer when he's liying) . They also use social networks (here there're some Twitter birds on the long nose) to express their ideas and their decisions or engagement. But in fact, what they're saying it's not true all the time, tehy just want us to love and support them. I just feel a little frustrated beacause of the Pinocchio head, it's like if they're mocking about our innocence and naivety, and I agree with the artist because the poiticians don't totally tell the truth when they do their speech and all their promesses are mainly just words and not actions and success.

Then the second picture is a little bit more staightfoward, the dog is mad and ready to attack us. We can also see that it's tied to the mic, thus we understand that his speech is like an order, something we have to listen and do ; if we don't listen we're in danger. In fact politic is not democratic anymore we have to follow the gouverner and that's all, we don't have the choice, they don't let them the choice. I think I agree with the artist but not totally, maybe it's too much, to violent (in our coutry at least because in others it's surely more complicated), there's not a big hazard if we don't listen and completely accept the opinions and decissions of our government. We kind of free even if there're always some things that we don't really choose.

In conclusion, I can say that I prefer the first illustration because of its tone maybe more light and I'm more agreeing with this on ; social networks are, moreover, pervasive in our society and we can see their consequences every day, and so, all the decisions which are taken by our politicians.
ValentineP

Jeu 8 Nov - 19:35
The first illutration represent a political man who's making a speech. But the man has a Pinnoccio's head and his long noise what prove that the man is lying. And to finish, on his noise there are the Twitter's birds. I think this illustration means that political men lie often in their speech but it's too blatant. To my mind, the Twitter's birds criticize directly Donald Trump, the actual president of the United States of America, who's whriting everything on Twitter. His tweets are racists and stupid and many lies are writing on his twitter and peaple are desesprate of that and they don't understand why their presiden do that.

On the second illustration, there are a speech of a political man too but the microphone his joined to a dog's leash. The animal is threatening and he's going to attack the public. His master has a great smile and seems warm. This illustration can means that behind the politician's smile there are a real threat and if someone contradicts or desn't approve the tells of the man, the dog can attack this person. His something like intimidation and this can be joined to a dictatorship or a distopy.

My prefer illustration is the second because, for me, the meaning is more powerfull and deeper than the first because our worl semmed good and sweet out but if we look deeper we can see the politician's handling and the real face of our world and of the "democracy".
ManonS

Jeu 8 Nov - 22:34
According to me the first illustration represents the fact that a lot of politicians are puppets of bigger organizations by the face of the man, it is in wood just like puppets. I saw quite recently a report on Arte about the election of Trump (very interesting by the way, I recommend it but I can't find it but I am still looking for that) and how he was the puppet of a very important and rich family (I can't find their name) who paid for his campaign in exchange of important position in the government. And it was them who told Trump to use Cambridge Analytica to have the votes of presidential elector. And I don't think Trump is the only one who was used by important people for their interests.

But as Myriam and Valentine said, we can also see a Pinocchio with the long nose. It symbolizes the fact that politicians are lying to us. Twitter's birds are resting on his nose meaning that social networks are used to lie, you can write everything you want on that and unfortunately a lot of people can't see the lies behind the apparent truth. We can also link that with the Cambridge Analytica scandal where the likes Americans were giving to pictures, videos... were used to know if you are unsure for which political party to vote so that they could make you vote for Trump.

The second picture is, for me, more difficult to understand. We can see a politician give a speech with an angry dog attached to his microphone. So I think that it means that politicians use threat to make people vote for them. This picture is very aggressive, with bright colors such as a hot orange, the black of the dog and the read of his leash.

I think I prefer the first one which is more calm not as violent as the second one and in my opinion it's closer to the reality. I'm not saying that the threats are not a reality but not in our country because our election system is different, in USA it's an universal indirect voting and in France it's direct. So it means that to threaten someone to make him/her vote for me is easier in USA because there's less voters. So in our reality, the first one is more accurate that's why I like it better.
Contenu sponsorisé